Thursday, September 22, 2011

You Call That a Mess?

Sometimes learning is messy, and usually, if I've done a good job teaching, things are definitely out of place. And often, it "messes up" my house to some degree for at least some length of time. But learning is what I've gotta be all about. It's what I signed up for.


One thing I've learned is that messy is relative.
Things that I used to consider messy when I had no children (or one child) are no longer messy. Undone dishes for a couple hours? Meh. Laundry heaped on the living room couch? At least it's clean. Sparkly remnants of craft time strewn on the dining room floor? I've got a vacuum for that.
C'mon Michelle. Life is good. Life is great. Relax a little. (says my husband) And stop worrying about what others might think in that imaginary world you've created in your head.


I must credit my mom for being a living example of enjoying God's goodness in the little things and not stressing over mess that can be cleaned up, even if it means that, in the end, I will be more tired than I'd prefer. She was always so positive. Thanks mom!

1 comment: