Monday, December 5, 2011

Do-overs

Today started off lousy. Real lousy. I was late getting dressed, late getting breakfast, and late getting in the groove for pretty much everything. In turn, the kids were late in getting the message-- that mommy was not prepared for antics of any kind. My patience was suffering and everyone else was too as a result. 


L's school time was behind schedule which made me agitated because I hate when I'm not on the ball with that. S was acting up and not wanting to do ANYTHING constructive. Add to that a pile of laundry glaring at me while the dishes yelled my name. Ay carumba, my blood pressure was rising by the second.


Needless to say, at about the 11th hour (literally 11:00am) I could feel myself getting ready to toss in the towel for the whole day..... and then I remembered it. The do-over. I could do it all over. Namely, my attitude and outlook. I could choose to stop the madness. Relax, Michelle. Start your day over. Breathe. Pray. Breathe again. Now apologize to your kids. 


I promptly told L we were taking a break to chill out before lunch. She looked relieved. Then, when we were done eating, we had school. And read a story. And made tee-pees while S played with playdough (for over an hour).
And it was so much better this time around. 


The beauty of the do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment